Boot C is a solid state drive which is filling rapidly. Can it be replaced readily and who would do it for me?

Boot C is a solid state drive which is filling rapidly. Can it be replaced readily and who would do it for me?

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your question in our community. Yes, the Solid State Drive on your computer can be replaced with a bigger size. As per who can fix it, you can find a local computer store around you to see if they can help.

Alternatively, if you let me know your country and city, I can search for competent computer repair stores around you.

However, before you completely replace the drive with a bigger one, you may be able to free up some space. If you need help with this let me know so I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your advice, and I obviously tried the clean up options and scrapped a few apps too, but it was obvious I would soon run out of space. I contacted Kingswinford Computers who put in a 445gb HDD, transferred the data and returned the PC in 26 hours at a very reasonable price. This is enough to see me through for a very long time hopefully, because I’m 87.

Glad to hear that you got Kingswinford Computers to install a bigger HDD for you, and I am sure you will enjoy your computer for a while.

If you have any problem with your computer, please post the question in this forum, and we’ll be glad to help.

Good luck.

Thank You very much.