How Do I Delete Full Administrator Privileges On Windows 11?

How Do I Delete Full Administrator Privileges On Windows 11?

Hi @Michael_Wiggs,

You used the word “delete,” so I am not sure exactly what you mean. However, based on your use of the word “full”, I will assume that you mean removing administrator privilege from someone’s account on a |Windows 11 PC.

If you want to remove someone’s administrator privilege from a Windows 11 PC, follow the steps below:

1. Log in to the Windows 11 PC with another account that has administrator privilege
  2. Then, right-click the Windows 11 Start menu and select Computer Management

3. When Computer Management opens, scroll down to Local Users and Groups and expand it

4. When Local Users and Groups opens, click on the Users node. Then, double-click the user you want to remove administrator privilege from on the details pane. In this example, I want to remove administrator privilege from “victor123”

5. When the users account properties open, click the “Member” Of tab

6. Finally, to remove full administrator privileges from a user in Windows 11, click on Administrators; then, at the bottom, click Remove. You’ll receive a confirmation request - confirm the action - then when you finish, click OK (labeled 3 in the screenshot below)

The steps above will remove the user’s administrator privilege from Windows 11, but it will not delete the user’s account from the computer.

If you wish to delete the user’s account from Windows 11, from step 4 above, proceed as follows:

1. Right-click the user you want to delete from the Windows 11 PC and select Delete.

2. Windows 11 will require you to confirm the user delete action. To confirm that you want to delete the user from the Windows 11 PC, click, Yes.

If the steps in this reply fixed the problem for you, remember to mark it as the Solution. This will help other community members.

Thank you!