How To Install Kali Linux On Windows 11

To read the full article click, How To Install Kali Linux On Windows 11 - Itechguides.com

Do you wish to use the Kali Linux operating system alongside Windows 11? In that case, this article teaches how to install Kali Linux on Windows 11. In this guide, you will first learn how to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows 11. After that, you will learn how to install the Kali Linux…

When I was writing this article and trying to install the Kali Linux application on my Windows 11 PC, I encountered a 0x80370102 error - check the screenshot below to see what the error looks like.

However, all I had to do to fix the error was to enable Virtualization in BIOS. To do so, follow the steps below.

1. Restart your computer. However, immediately your computer starts to reboot, press the F10 key on your keyboard - that should take you to the BIOS setup.

2. On the BIOS setup, switch to the System configuration tab.

3. After that, locate Virtualization technology and enable it.

Sadly, after fixing this error, another issue came up - this was the 0x800701bc error. This error means your computer doesn’t have the latest WLS2 Linux Kernel update - check the screenshot below to see what the error looks like.

Hence, in order to fix the error, you can simply update your Windows 11 computer from the Settings application. Follow the steps below to update your Windows 11 PC.

1. Press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to take you to the Windows 11 Settings application.

2. When you are in the Settings application, locate Windows Update on the left pane.

3. After that, on the right pane, click the blue Check For Update button. Hence, if there are any available updates for your computer - including the latest WSL2 Linux Kernel update - they will automatically be downloaded and installed on your PC.

If your computer is up-to-date and you are still encountering the 0x800701bc error when trying to install Kali Linux on your Windows 11 PC, you need to manually download the latest WSL2 Linux Kernel update. Follow the steps below to do this.

1. Click this link - WSL2 Linux kernel update package for x64 machines - to download the WSL update package.

2. After clicking the link, the WSL update package should begin to download on your computer automatically.

3. When the WSL update package is downloaded on your computer, open it, and follow the installation wizard. After that, the latest WSL2 Linux Kernel update should be installed on your Windows 11 computer.

4. After the update has been installed, open PowerShell on your PC as an administrator. To do so, simply search for “powershell” on your computer, then right-click on the PowerShell application from the search result and select Run as administrator.

5. After that, enter the following commands on the PowerShell application - “wsl --set-default-version 2”. This will set the latest WSL2 update that you downloaded as the default version.

I hope the steps provided above fix your problem. Besides, if you encounter any other errors when trying to install Kali Linux on your Windows 11 PC, you can check out this link - Troubleshooting Windows Subsystem for Linux | Microsoft Docs.